Data Options Overview
On successful completion of this lesson, students will understand how to access the data module and it’s function.
The Data Module is used to define all ‘static’ data in EVE – i.e. data that you will need to set up once and then only change infrequently thereafter – for example, the types of courses you teach, the payment methods you accept, etc. Some data has been preloaded into the database. Other data, that is specific to your store, will need to be added.
Accessing the Data Module
- From EVE’s main screen click on ‘Data’.
- The main screen will change to give you the menu items for Data.
- In this module you can add and edit static data for your store or stores.
- To add new data, click the ‘New’ button next to the data element you wish to add. For example, ‘Boats’, ‘New’.
- To edit or review existing data, click the ‘Find’ button next to the data element you wish to add. For example, ‘Boats’, ‘Find’.
In the following pages, we will concentrate on adding new data. To edit existing data, simply find the data you wish to edit and use the adding data information below to edit it as appropriate.